Found On This Page
Go To These Places For A Great Northern Michigan Vacation Experience
Traverse City is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful places in Michigan, where you can visit to see and do plenty of amazing things. That’s why this year the city was voted the Greatest Midwest Town courtesy of the Midwest Living Magazine that will present the award to its community come June 18, 2016. Highlighted below are some of the most amazing spots to see and things to do in Traverse City if you take your vacation there this year.
The spots you have to see
- Moomers Ice Cream in Traverse City – This ice cream shop was voted Americas Best Scoop by Good Morning America in May 2008. That’s definitely where to enjoy the taste of summer sampling some of the creamiest ice creams in the country. They offer about 160 flavors, at least 20 flavors available on every single day except between January and March when they have the shop closed. The location of this shop is precisely at 7263 North Long Lake Road.
- The Sleeping Bear Dunes – The park located at the corner in northwest of Michigan’s lower peninsula, was voted the most beautiful spot in America courtesy of Good Morning America. It covers over 50,000 acres of land that boasts of great sand dunes the hidden gem derives its name from, 26 inland lakes and beaches stretching 64 miles along Lake Michigan.
- The Park Place Hotel – Its location in downtown Traverse City’s heart makes it the perfect place to stay. From here the views over the city are spectacular with access to great dining, shopping and entertainment options like the Top of the Park lounge for great live music and drinks. The Traverse City Beach is only within a few minutes stroll.
- Wuerfel Park – The home of the Beach Bums in Traverse City for baseball games perfect small town Americana. The precise location is only about 6 miles from downtown Traverse City. The entertainment facility is used in many ways other than just baseball and allows visitors to enjoy an atmosphere of an open land. Seating at the park can accommodate up to 4,660 fans, mostly fold-down chairs and aisles wide enough for comfortable nighttime experience too.
Schedule a Wine Tour and visit Black Star Farms
That’s our favorite winery which has 2 locations, 1 on Old Mission Peninsula and 1 on Leelanau Peninsula. Visit their wine tasting rooms to try some of the most sought after wines in Michigan. This is a unique destination that offers visitors an opportunity to enjoy great experiences at premium winery production, distilleries, inn and equestrian facilities.
Take a ride on the NautiCat on West Bay for a midnight cruise and enjoy live music
NautiCat cruises offer great romantic outing experiences, sailing the West Grand Traverse Bay everyday up to 4 times or more. The 47 foot catamaran cruises include a kids cruise in the morning hours, a happy hour cruise for the afternoon, a sunset cruise with champagne for the evening, and the midnight cruise designed for romantic experiences.
Check out Eat Learn Frolic or ELF Café in Traverse City located in the Old State Hospital
Great to be here especially if it is raining and you have kids. Here the kids play and learn as you take some time for yourself to enjoy great food, coffee, work or even relax. It’s the ultimate family friendly environment you shouldn’t miss while vacationing in Traverse City.
Take a drive and eat at Knot Just A Bar in Omena, MI, for views to die for
It overlooks the Bay Harbor Marina and makes the perfect place for quick bites, cold drinks and even more diverse menu. Their seasonal menu is nothing short of splendid with a variety of Michigan’s familiar flavors and ingredients. The friendly staff guarantees you will enjoy the service as you take in the spectacular views around the area.
Drive out to Leenau County and experience Fish Town, a little harbor with cute little shops, great food and drinks.
Of course you can expect delicious fish here, the whitefish and lake trout. The local beef and pork is great too, but the Midwest culture of sausages and cheese not so vibrant. Winemakers offer California style wines including Cabernet whose grapes are some of the varieties introduced for planting in the area in the recent years. There are numerous places not only for seafood but also farm-to-table delicacies which The Cooks’ House is best known for. Check out The Cove for the tastiest chicken sandwiches.
Eat a Burger at Bubba’s in Traverse City, home of the Best Burger!
The bar and eatery is well known for its unique burgers while the options with the beers and other drinks are diverse. It’s a great place for dinner too. They first offer free pretzels and mustard which are heavenly. There are many other places in the city that offer burgers too, but Bubba’s for our dollar is the best in the biz!
Latest posts by Stephen Twomey (see all)
- “5 Amazing Campfire Recipes that Are Easy to Make” - June 22, 2018
- Summer Heat Got You Sweating Bullets? Cool Off With These Chilly Beverages - June 15, 2018
- Cool Off From The Heat With These Tasty Whiskey Pours - June 10, 2018